Careers at St. George's
Join one of the most dynamic faculty communities in Memphis. Committed to teaching and learning that is active and agile, St. George’s places a high value on relationships that foster confidence and curiosity in students so that they can courageously chase their dreams. When we greet students, laugh with them, connect with them, and show kindness to them, we name them as God’s children and connect them to our rich Episcopal culture. In so doing, we affirm their place in the St. George’s community and create a culture in which they can best learn, grow, and thrive.
St. George's will be the right school for teachers who...
- Put the needs of each student dead center, every day, every class, every interaction
- Want to challenge their own practice whenever there is an opportunity to serve students better
- Model the characteristics of great collaborators by participating in departments, grade levels, and divisions
- Are ready to be the reason that a student and family should choose our school
- Are deeply aligned with our strategic plan and earnestly committed to moving it forward
- Reach out not only to the students who make it easy on them, but also to all those who don’t
- Pitch in when they can, however they can
- Strive to be the sort of people we describe in the Portrait of a Graduate
Opportunities at St. George’s
Click on the links below to view job descriptions by campus. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to the specific campus contact.
All School CAMPUSESTo apply, submit a cover letter and resume to campus contact Paula Boruszewski
Germantown Campus (Grades PK-5)To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to campus contact Tracy Forbes.
Memphis Campus (Grades PK-5)To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to campus contact Andrea Ballard.
Collierville Campus (Grades 6-12)To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to campus contact Paula Boruszewski.
Memphis has been named a top city in the U.S. for livability by Forbes and the Wall Street Journal and one of four top cities in the U.S. for “live/work/play environments,” along with Brooklyn, Portland (OR), and Nashville. With a regional median price for homes at $164,000, Memphis is also one of the top cities for home ownership. Whether a downtown loft on the river, a 1920’s Craftsman in a walking neighborhood in Midtown, or a larger home for your family, Memphis offers plenty of opportunities to build real estate equity. Learn more here or watch the Choose901 video below!
St. George’s Independent School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its hiring practices, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.