St. George's Today
Today's news is below. Also visit our news archive page.
Robotics Teams Rock Competitions
Posted 12/12/2017 02:00PM
The St. George's middle and upper school robotics teams continue to rock the local robotics competitions and have earned their way to higher level opportunities. Details and photos are below. Go, Robogryphs!
Results from the tournament in early December are as follows:
Four of the five robots made it to the final rounds of competition, including:
- Team 99905B with Jacob Gettig, Austin Nellessen, Sam Kuykendall, and Graham Gumbert were on the Tournament Champion alliance.
- Team 99905A with Allison Evans, Elizabeth Crane, and Kagan Sears were in first place going into the alliance selections for finals, and their three-robot alliance including 99905B became Tournament Champions. This team also was named the Skills Champion and won the overall Excellence Award, which recognizes their design notebook in addition to the first place tournament and skills finishes.
- Both of these robot teams have earned a spot to the state competition in March and to the CREATE US Open in April.
Results from the tournament in early November are as follows:
- Upper School VRC Teams: Three of the five teams made it to the final rounds of competition. Elizabeth Crane, Allison Evans, and Kagan Sears won the Build Award, which recognizes the solid construction of their robot and their detailed design process as outlined in their design notebook.
- Middle School IQ Teams: Five of the sevent teams made it to the final rounds of the competition. Mariah Nellessen, Madline Clarke, and Hannah Morrison won the Design Award, which recognizes the solid construction of their robot and their detailed design process as outlined in their design notebook, and it earned them a place at the state competition in March!